Live scoring is the key to having an always up-to-date website and there are so many benefits to scoring live:
- No re-entering paper scoresheets into computer and you can print out copies that are actually legible.
- Players and coaches can see their stats immediately after the game.
- Fans can follow along with the game online as it occurs.
- You can auto-post game updates and results to your Facebook and Twitter feeds in REAL Time! That drives traffic to your website giving you a crowd!
- It’s easy for scorers to learn.
Scorers can learn everything you need to know in this short video!
Before the Game
Find the Game in the System
Log in to your xsyte, and go to the admin area by clicking the Admin link.
All Today’s Games will be listed in the Dashboard and you can score them by clicking Log Game. If your game isn’t in the dashboard, you can find it in League > Games. You can find it in the listing and Click Log Game.
Once you are in the Log Game Page you will see 4 Tabs, the first being the Rosters tab. This is where you can make adjustments to the rosters page.
Mark players as Here or Not Here
Make sure each participant is Checked in as Here if they are present. Uncheck the box for players that are absent.
Adjust Jersey Numbers
You can change the Jersey numbers by typing them into the box next to the player name.
Adding Additional Players
Add one or Two players to a roster...
In some cases you may need to add one or two players to a roster. You can do that by selecting a player from the Add Player to Roster Dropdown Box located at the bottom of each roster. You can add a Brand New Player or select an existing one.
Add many players to a roster...
In some cases you may need to add a whole team of players to a roster. In that case it is best to go to League > Players > Bulk Add Players. You can just type in the names of the players you need to add along with the ID of the team to add to. It’s quicker and easier to do that. More information can be found about that in our Adding Bulk Players guide.
During the game
During the game you will switch to the Gamesheet tab. You only need to track 3 things during the game and you can do them all on this page: Track Shots on Goal, Goals and Assists. So as these things occur you can log them easily live and stay on top of the action.
Selecting the Period
You can select Period 1 to start the game (it usually will be selected for you). As the period changes from 1 to 2, you can change the period setting on your screen - (it’s at the top of the page in the middle). This will automatically attribute all shots, goals and penalties to that period making your job easier.
Logging Shots on Goal
There is a Button to Log “Team 1” Shots on Goal. Each time you hit the button another shot is logged. You can manually change the shots on goal by clicking on the number and then Typing a new number. This will adjust the Total count as well. By logging shots, you will automatically be able to generate goalie stats after the game.
Logging a Goal
- Open the Goal Popup To log a goal for a team, simply click Add “Team 1” Goal! button. This will bring up the goal add pop-up.
- Log the Period The period should already be selected correctly if you have the correct period selected on the main screen. If not, select the correct period.
- Log the Time If a goal happens with 7:43 left on the clock, you can just type 743. You don’t need to type a colon :
- Select the player who scored and the assisting players.
- Select Goal Type This is especially important for Power Play and Shorthanded goals as XSYTE automatically generates interesting Power Play statistics for teams.
- Click the Add Button and you will see the goal listed in the teams goals.
The teams total score will be updated so you can easily modify your scoreboard to show the correct score. To edit or delete a goal, you can click on the Goal edit button. Change the details and save, or select the Delete this Goal button.
Logging a Penalty
To log a penalty for a team, simply click Add “Team 1” Penalty! button. This will bring up the penalty pop-up. You can fill in the details just like in the Add Goal popup. To edit or delete a penalty, you can click on the Penalty edit button. Change the details and save, or select the Delete this Penalty button.
After the game
After the game is over there are just a few things left to do!
Logging the Goalie Stats
Add a goalie for the first team by selecting the name from the dropdown menu. You will see that the stats are already calculated. If that team only had one goalie, your job is done! If you need to, you can add a second goalie and separate the stats as required. Repeat for each team.
Setting the Final Result
After the game you must set the Final result. Once you do this step the ladders will automatically update as the result becomes ‘official’. Open the Scoreboard and Notes tab and Click the Log Official Game Result Button. The score should already be recorded properly, but you can adjust if needed. Select any game awards, and select the game completion type as: Regular Time, Overtime or Forfeit. Then click the Finalize Scoreboard button.
Well done! Time to log the next game! :)